Although you probably don't need an experienced Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney to tell you this --- a lot of it is common sense --- there is a good way and a bad way to "act" when one has contact with law enforcement. Here are some simple "dos and don'ts."
- Do be polite with the police officer;
- Do identify yourself correctly;
- Don't argue with the officer;
- Don't try to explain or make excuses to the officer;
- Don't discuss your situation with anyone, before talking to an attorney;
- Don't discuss your situation with anyone else, while you are in custody;
- Don't try to "make a deal" with the police officers;
- Don't make any statements to the police, for any reason;
- Don't sign any statements for the police as the price to go home; and
- Call The Rolloff Law Office!
If you really want to know more, call the Rolloff Law Office today to set up a FREE CONSULTATION: (612) 234-1165.