Friday, January 9, 2015

Hennepin County Disorderly Conduct (Explained)

Disorderly conduct is often referenced (and used) as a catch-all for any random, disruptive criminal activity, activity that disrupts the public peace --- and pisses-off a cop. That being said, being charged with this offense can have lasting repercussions ---- and you should get some FREE ANSWERS from an experienced Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney.

Disorderly Conduct (Explained)

If you are charged with disorderly conduct, you could have been doing any number of things. While this crime covers many activities, it is prosecuted with targeted focus by the State of Minnesota.

You may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time or caught up with the wrong group of people. Perhaps you don’t feel you did anything wrong --- but instead are being found guilty by association. This is why you should talk to The Rolloff Law Office.
The Laws & Penalties

The offense of disorderly conduct can apply to many incidences. It is considered a misdemeanor and is thereby punishable by up to 90 days in jail and $1,000 in fines.
You may face charges of disorderly conduct if you:
  • Make loud or disturbing noise near residence or public buildings that causes unreasonable distress to the people occupying said building,
  • Direct abusive language or gestures at someone, knowing that those words or gestures are likely to provoke a violent reaction,
  • Disturb any lawful assembly or meeting with the intent to disturb,
  • Disrespect or defile the American flag or cause others to do the same, or
  • Obstruct a sidewalk, road, or street with the intent of preventing its lawful use by others. 

Charges like these are doled out in many circumstances and all too often because another law doesn’t apply. If you are facing this charge and you wonder what you did to deserve them, contact The Rolloff Law Office  to discuss your case today --- and what can be done to keep it off of your record.  

All criminal charges should be taken very seriously by the experienced criminal defense attorneys that handle them. I am a former prosecutor ... I know you are going through a difficult time with this case and I want to be the one to help.  Call today: (612) 234-1165

No comments:

Post a Comment