Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sherburne County Juvenile Court (Explained)

If you are a parent of family member who has questions about a child that has been arrested --- you are most likely upset and confused. True --- you don’t want this young person's future to be compromised in any way. If there is any (early) good news it is that the courts in the State of Minnesota are actually set-up to focus on ensuring a better future for almost every juvenile offender by stressing on rehabilitation rather than punishment.  Bearing as much in mind, it is important to consult with an experienced Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney --- to ensure that you can earn the best possible income for your loved one.  

What You Need to Know

The State of Minnesota has a specific set of laws on the books that apply to minors. These laws tell the courts to handle juvenile cases differently than adult cases.

At the Rolloff Law Office, you will work with an experienced juvenile defense attorney who explain to you your family's options with you --- telling you everything that you need to know so that you can make well-informed decisions.  You will know what to expect at every phase in the case.

The Minnesota Juvenile Court System

Depending on the severity of the charge, a decision will be made as to which court the case will be tried in. It is entirely possible for a juvenile to be tried as an adult --- if they commit an offense that is considered an adult crime, such as murder. Since the penalties and consequences handed down in adult court will be adult consequences, the juvenile could face the prospect of serving time in an adult prison. This is another reason why it is imperative to have a highly experienced attorney by your side.

Types Of Juvenile Crimes

handle all types of juvenile crimes. While a child can commit any crime than an adult can, there are some that are more common than others. Those common types are:

  • Assault
  • Burglary
  • Theft 
  • Terroristic threats
  • DWI
  • Drug crimes  

If you are the parent of a child who has been accused of a crime, one of the first things you need to do is call an experienced and affordable juvenile attorney. By giving your child the representation that he deserves, you are taking a step toward preservinghis future. To learn more about how the The Rolloff Law Office can help you --- Call (612) 234-1165 and set-up a Free Consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment