Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scott County DWI Lawyer

If you have been charged with DWI in Scott County, take sometime to look at the following information and do not hesitate to seek immediate assistance from an experienced Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney.

How intoxicated does someone have to be before they can be convicted of driving under the influence?

In the State of Minnesota, any blood alcohol level ("BAC") of .08 or higher could subject you to conviction. However, your driving skills are affected from the first drink of alcohol 0 ie., "buzzed" driving. Your ability to pay attention, react, see clearly, maintain coordination, and make good choices are impaired with each drink.

How many drinks can I have before being over .08?
Honestly, it is not the number of drinks alone that determines how high your blood alcohol levels are. Rather ... it’s more important to focus on how much total alcohol you have consumed over a certain period of time. 

Do I have to take a blood, breath, or urine test if asked to do so by the police?

The answer is almost always “yes” because refusing to do so could subject you to a more serious charge, that is easier to prove: Refusing to Test.  If you don't agree to take the test when you are stopped, your license may be revoked for at least a year.

I tested under the legal limit and I’m still charged with DWI, is that allowed?

Sadly, the answer is “yes”. A person can be charged and convicted even if their blood alcohol concentration is below the legal limit if their driving conduct establishes that the he is “under the influence” of alcohol.

Should I hire a Lawyer?

Believe it or not, this is the number one question I get.  To it, I usually say: If you are convicted of Minnesota DWI you could face harsh fines, license revocation penalties, jail time, and more. Because of these consequences, you might be making a big mistake if you took your situation too lightly! Get FREE ANSWERS today from an experienced Minnesota DWI Lawyer (and former prosecutor) Call The Rolloff Law Office at (612) 234-1165.  

No comments:

Post a Comment