Sunday, May 26, 2013

Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney (How To)


As a former prosecutor, and now a defense attorney, it surprises me how many people go into court with out even speaking to an attorney.  Seriosuly, in my opinion waaaaaay too many people plead guilty to crimes that they would not be convicted of if they had a lawyer.

If you even think you need a lawyer - odds are you do need a lawyer.  That being said, what kind of lawyer do you need?  Here are a few things you might want to consider when looking for a Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney.  
  • Does that attorney practice only criminal law?  An attorney who focuses on only one area of law may be more knowledgeable about your case.  You wouldn't want to trust your life to a surgeon who only practices medicine part time.
  • Are you hiring an attorney or a firm?  You want to hire one attorney who will handle your case from beginning to end.  This attorney will know more about your case and may get you a better result.  At some firms you think you are hiring one attorney, only to have your case assigned to a junior associate.  Choose and hire an attorney, not a firm.
  • Is your initial consultation free?  If you cannot sit down face-to-face and discuss your case for free, how can you decide if it is worth hiring that attorney?
  • Are you being promised a specific result?  NO attorney can guarantee specific results, no matter what.  Choose an attorney who will tell you the truth and give you the facts you need to make the decisions yourself.

If you are considering hiring an attorney, or even if you are curious about what your charges mean, contact The Rolloff Law Office and schedule a FREE initial consultation to discuss your case.  
I practice only criminal law, having been both a city and state prosecutor.  When you hire me, I will be the only attorney who works on your case.  I pride myself on my candor with my clients.  I never sugar-coat situations and I always give my clients all of the facts and advice necessary for them to make their own informed decisions. 
When I meet with you, I will tell you if you even need to hire an attorney at all.  If you do decide to retain our services, I offer reasonable fees, payment plans, and you can make payments by credit card.

You need to know your rights.  You need to speak with an attorney before you make any decisions.  Call The Rolloff Law Office today at (612) 234-1165.

No comments:

Post a Comment