Thursday, April 18, 2013

Minnesota Stay of Adjudication (Explained)

There are a lot of ways to conclude a case that can have the effect of not adding to your record --- even when you plead guilty.

In any case, your experienced Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney can help you avoid a long-term mark on your criminal record (even if you plead guilty) by negotiating a Stay of Adjudication.

What is a Stay of Adjudication?

If you are guilty of an offense (or it is likely you would be found to be) - this is a decent outcome because  the offense can be kept off of your record if you successfully complete probation.

How it Works

Yes - you have to plead guilty.  However, the judge does not accept the plea.  What this means is that a conviction is not entered against you --- and if you successfully comply with the conditions the court puts on you (during the period of the stay) --- at the end of that time the matter is dismissed.

If you are charged with ANY offense, and you do not want take the matter to trial --- a Sty of Adjudication is the best possible way to avoid any conviction going on your record.  As a Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney I have negotiated a number of these accommodations   If you want to find out how to avoid a conviction - even though you maybe guilty - call the Rolloff Law Office at (612) 234-1165 to set up a free consultation.  

1 comment:

  1. Hii
    Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you